The DfE’s Vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium:
‘ALL pupils leaving primary school should be physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.’
The funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following objectives and indicators:
‘To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.’
We would expect indicators of such improvement to include:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
5. Increased participation in competitive sport.