We also appreciate that keeping children engaged in their learning whilst at home is not going to be easy and so we have gathered suggested activity ideas for your child that can be completed both independently or with adult support. Please do not forget to look at your child's Google Classroom for further learning support.
Learning through play is a key element of your child's development. Focus on:
- reading and talking about books to develop their early reading skills
- count objects, pictures and practise simple word problems using items from around the house
- write letters, words and numbers, encouraging your child to hold writing equipment correctly
- use scissors and other handheld tools to develop fine motor skills
- be active - let your child explore the outdoors
- Foundation Stage - 15 recommended apps for learning at home. https://famly.co/blog/inspiration/15-early-years-apps-to-continue-learning-at-home/
Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2
Recommended sites and activities links
TTS have created a curriculum-focused independent learning resource with over 40 home learning activities all planned and all prepared. With a combination of independent and collaborative learning activities, the home learning books provide a great opportunity for parents to learn with their children.
The Reading Realm: There are some downloadable packs with English curriculum ideas and tasks for your child to access. These can be printed or discussed from the screen.
TT Rockstars & Numbots: Do not forget that you can access the Numbots or TT Rockstars site for maths. Usernames and passwords were shared with all children.
Classroom Secrets (Kids) Free access to online learning platform.
Classroom Secrets - Free downloadable learning packs for each year group. It will download a folder containing a learning pack, guidance and answers and practical ideas.
Oxford Owl - Free eBook access